The Apple Calendar app is a relatively easy to use app on the iPhone or iPad, but it still takes a while to figure out when to get started for the first time. You can add multiple calendars, share events, set alerts, and more to keep your daily activities organized.
Here is an overview of everything you need to know to get started with the Apple Calendar app on iPhone and iPad.
What are the different views you can see in the Calendar app?
Before we delve into the different features of the Calendar app, it is important to take a look at the different offerings available in it. There are currently five different views you can use: dailyAnd the weeklyAnd the monthlyAnd the annualAnd the existing.
to switch between annualAnd the monthlyAnd the daily Views, all you have to do is tap on a date to zoom in or out. starting from annual showtap on any month to switch to it monthly offerthen the date you moved to daily show. Similarly, you can click the back button in the upper left corner to switch from it daily to me monthly then to annual show. It’s best to track these views to keep track of dates and check what day a particular date falls, like the day of the week that falls on your birthday.
to Weekly Show From your calendar, open daily show in the Calendar app and rotate your iPhone sideways. This will show you a view of your entire week.
Finally it comes Show menu, which is a list of all your events in chronological order. You can click on events to view their details. switch to Show menu By clicking on the icon with three horizontal lines and three dots daily show or Weekly Show.
Once you are familiar with all the views and why each one is important, you can start using the Apple Calendar app to add multiple calendars and events.
Set up multiple calendars in the Calendar app
Multiple calendars will help you keep track of all different types of events. You can create one calendar for business meetings and another for social events, and then customize the colors of the calendar to make it instantly visible for each event it’s about. Here’s how to create multiple calendars:
- Faucet calendars and choose Add calendar down.
- Choose Add calendar To create a calendar in your iCloud account. This means that you can view this calendar across all the devices linked to your iCloud.
- Choose Add subscription calendar To add an external read-only calendar by entering its URL.
Apple Calendars also has the option to add a calendar from another service, such as Google, Outlook, and Yahoo, or just another iCloud account. To do this, go to Settings > Calendar > Account > Add an account.
Choose which calendars you can see
After setting up multiple calendars, you can always switch which ones you want to show and which ones you want to hide at any time. Going on vacation? Hide the calendar with all work-related events and show it when you return. Here’s how you can do that:
- Faucet calendars.
- The colored mark next to the calendar indicates that the calendar has appeared. Click on tick Code to make the tag disappear hide the calendar and vice versa.
- If all calendars in the app have a checkmark next to them, you’ll see Hide everything At the bottom to hide all calendars at once. If one or more calendars are hidden, you will see view all While that.
Customize the color of your calendar
Another useful step to take after adding multiple calendars is to assign colors to them to help you stay organized. over here How to change the color of your calendar:
- Faucet calendars At the bottom.
- Click on information (i) next to the calendar whose color you want to customize.
- Choose the dialog below the color.
- Choose from the list of options or press Habit For more options.
- Faucet behind and press he did. You will now see the selected color next to your calendar.
All events for a particular calendar will appear in the color of the calendar, so a quick look at the colors on your calendar will tell you what kind of events are on your schedule.
Create, delete and edit an event
A birthday, anniversary, social event, or family gathering are all great examples of events you might want to add to your calendar app. Follow these steps to create an event:
- Click on plus (+) Sign up at the top of the app.
- Enter all required details for an event, such as address, location, and time.
- press Add.
after, after Create a calendar eventyou can edit it just as easily by clicking and tapping on it release. This can be done anytime you want to change the date, time, address, or any other details. If it is canceled, you can Delete an event from the calendar app By opening it and pressing Delete event to remove it from your calendar.
If you cannot find a specific event or want to check its details, you can search for it by clicking on the magnifying glass and typing in your event title in search bar.
Add events with Siri
Find typing too tiring? You can add all your events using Siri to save yourself the hassle. Follow these steps to use Siri to add an event:
- Make sure you have Siri enabled on your iPhone or iPad before you start going to Settings > Siri.
- Says “Hey Siri” To activate Siri, then give the command.
- An example of what you might say is “Schedule a party next week for Sarah at 8 p.m.”. Siri creates an event based on the details you provide.
- say or press Sure To add the event to your calendar.
Don’t miss the opportunity by turning on event alerts
Now that you’ve set up your calendars and added events, make sure you never forget any of them by turning on event alerts. This is the best way to remember an upcoming birthday, anniversary or any other important event. You can use the alerts to remember to buy a gift or make the necessary preparations in advance. Here’s how it works:
- Click on an event and press release.
- Choose Warning.
- You will find a range of different timings from 1 week ago to me At the time of the event. Make a selection.
- If you want another alert, tap second alert Right below and select another time.
Share your calendar with friends and family
You’ve now set up your calendar app, so you can share calendars with a family member or friend to let them know what you’re going to do. Here’s how to share calendars via iCloud by entering someone’s name or email address:
- Faucet calendars at the bottom of the screen.
- select file information (i) next to the calendar you want to share.
- tap on add person.
- Type in the contact’s name or email address or tap plus (+) button to select a contact.
- press Add.
The calendar app is probably a lot easier to use than you think
A calendar app is the perfect way to stay organized and make sure you stay on top of things every day. The multiple features make the app very efficient and accessible to everyone, making it one of the best calendar apps on iPhone.