Dublin, August 4, 2022 (The Globe Newswire) – The “Human Definition – Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Supply, Technology, Application, End User, and Region – Analysis and Forecasting, 2022-2032” Report added to ResearchAndMarkets.com Show.
Global Human Identification Market Overview
The global human identification market is expected to reach $6,435.6 million by 2032 from $1,385.8 million in 2021, at a compound annual growth rate of 14.77% over the forecast period 2022-2032. The growth in the global Human Identification market is expected to be driven by the increasing adoption of NGS in various areas of research, high adoption of forensic applications, and technological advancements in the field of molecular technologies and diagnostic tests.
Market life cycle stage
Human identification is widely used in forensics, paternity testing, disaster victim identification and anthropology, among other applications, with DNA analysis/profiling as a key tool in the sector. Due to increasing demands on time and resources, human identification and forensic laboratories are under constant pressure to increase workflow efficiency without sacrificing quality. Examination of the variety of biomarkers available to investigators clarifies the basic principles of each process in criminal investigation and paternity determination.
While DNA and fingerprints are clearly the preferred methods of identification, they require prior history and a verifiable baseline for comparison. Other notable advances in the field of genomics, proteomics, molecular biology, data analytics and technical engineering have paved the way for the development of advanced NGS-based technologies, such as SNP and STR sequencing.
Impressive research on molecular techniques and biomarkers using NGS has opened pathways for the development of many important procedures such as mtDNA sequencing. The growing demand for non-invasive diagnostic procedures that enable genotyping has further enhanced the requirements for NGS technologies.
- Increased demand for human identification products/technologies is expected to support the growth of the global human identification market during the forecast period 2022-2032.
- The market is expected to grow at a significant growth rate due to opportunities such as the high adoption of forensic applications in the field of computational biology and technological advances in the field of molecular techniques and diagnostic tests.
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
- DNA extraction and purification (magnetic bead technique)
- rapid DNA analysis
- Other techniques
Via the app
- forensic medicine app
- Determine paternity
- Other apps
by end user
- Forensic laboratories and law enforcement agencies
- Academic and research institutions
- Hospitals and healthcare providers
Recent developments in the global human identification market
- Partnership: In 2021, QIAGEN entered into a partnership with Verogen, Inc. To provide high-quality tools and comprehensive support for laboratory forensic biometrics workflows.
- Product launch: In 2021, QIAGEN launched the EZ2 Connect Instrument Line that will accelerate the benefits of biomedical research, forensic and clinical diagnosis.
- Product launch: In 2022, Promega launched the Spectrum CE system to perform human identification in criminal and database cases in forensic laboratories.
Demand – Motives and Constraints
- Increased demand for human identification products/technologies
- High accreditation for forensic applications in computational biology
- Technological advances in molecular techniques and forensic testing
- Lack of infrastructure for forensic examination
- High capital requirements hamper expansion of global reach
- Huge scope for adoption of NGS-based forensic products and electrophoresis in emerging countries
- Increase research funding to carry out research and development exercises
Main topics covered:
2 market scope
3 Research Methodology
4 Market Overview
5 industry insights
6 market dynamics
7 Competitive Insights
8 Global Human Identification Market, by Subtraction, 2021-2032 Million
9 Global Human Identification Market, by Technology, Million Dollars, 2021-2032
10 Global Human Identification Market, by Application, Million Dollars, 2021-2032
11 Global Human Identification Market, By End User, Million Dollars, 2021-2032
12 Global Human Identification Market, By Region, Million Dollars, 2021-2032
13 Marketplace – Company Profiles
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Eurofins Scientific
- Promega company
- Illumina, Inc.
- American Laboratories Holding Company
- PerkinElmer Company
- QIAGEN NV
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Verogen, Inc.
- NMS Labs
- Autogen Company
- GENETEK BIOPHARMA GmbH
- SecuriGene Technologies Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/szb84s