Here are some Boulder County author talks, book signings and book club events.
- Martha Freeman and Claudia Mills will celebrate the release of Freeman’s new middle-grade mystery novel “Trashed,” at 5 p.m. Saturday, at The Wandering Jellyfish Bookshop; twjbookshop.com.
- R.J. Stewart will be reading from his new novel, Mistakes of the Night, at 4 p.m. Saturday, at Inkberry Books; inkberrybooks.com.
- Judy Delaware will talk about her new book, “Feeding Littles and Beyond: 100 Baby-Friendly Weaning Recipes the Whole Family Will Love” and sign her new book, 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Boulder Book Store; $5; boulderbookstore.net.
- Melanie Abrams and Larry Smith will talk about their new book, “The Joy of Hemp: 75 Ways to Amplify Your Life Through the Science and Magic of Cannabis,” at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, at the Boulder Book Store. $5; boulderbookstore.net.
- “The racism of people who love you,” UCLA Assistant Professor of Women’s and Gender Studies and Jewish Studies Samira Mehta will discuss in conversation with UCLA Associate Professor of Racial Studies Jennifer Hu, at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Boulder Convention Center, 6007 Oregon Ave. , Boulder $10; boulderjcc.org.
- Warren M. Hearn will talk about and sign his new book, “Homo Ecophagus: A Deep Diagnosis to Save the Earth,” at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, at Hotel St. Julian’s; $10; boulderbookstore.net.
- From our Shelved Book Club will discuss “Chronicles from the Land of the Happiest People on Earth” by Wole Soyinka, at 7 p.m. Wednesday, at the Boulder Library; boulderbookstore.net.
- The Lyons Library Book Club discusses “Euphoria” by Lily King, at 11 a.m. Thursday, at the Lyons Library. lyons.colibraries.org.
- Gentrol Ludro Tehai Rinpoche will talk about and sign his new book, “The Power of Mind: A Tibetan Monk’s Guide to Finding Freedom in Every Challenge,” at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, at the Boulder Library. $5; boulderbookstore.net.
- The Carnegie Library of Local History will host an open house at 4:30 p.m. Thursday at the Carnegie Library for students and educators. calendar.boulderlibrary.org.
- The Red Queen Book Club will discuss “Now Is Not the Time to Panic” by Kevin Wilson, at 6 p.m. Thursday, at the Red Queen Library. thereadqueen.com.
- Ellen Oclover and Jessica Weaver will talk about and sign their new book, “Seven Percent Roux Devereux” and “Live Your Best Lie,” at 6:30 p.m. on January 27, at the Boulder Book Store. registration required; boulderbookstore.net.
- Gentrol Ludro Tai Rinpoche will read from his book, The Power of Mind: A Tibetan Monk’s Guide to Finding Freedom in Every Challenge, at 7 p.m. on January 28, at Inkberry Books; inkberrybooks.com.
- Jessica Lannan will read from books she has illustrated and authored, such as “The Fisherman and the Whale,” at 10:15 a.m. on Jan. 28, at the Boulder Public Library; calendar.boulderlibrary.org.
- Elaine O’Clover will talk about her book and her writing craft at a writing workshop for teens, at 5 p.m. on Jan. 28, at The Wandering Jellyfish Bookshop; twjbookshop.com.
- The Women of the West and Beyond group will discuss “Women of the Rothschilds: The Untold Story of the World’s Most Famous Dynasty” by Natalie Livingston, noon Jan. 30, at Boulder Public Library; boulderlibrary.org.
- Thomas Dibdal will talk about and sign his new book, When Innocence Isn’t Enough: The Hidden Evidence and the Failed Promise of the Brady Rule, at 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 31, at the Boulder Book Store; $5; boulderbookstore.net.
- George Lucky will talk about and sign his new book, Dancing with History: A Life for Peace and Justice, at 6:30 p.m. February 1, at the Boulder Book Store; $5; boulderbookstore.net.
- The Newcomer Book Club will meet to discuss his January book, at 10 a.m. February 1, at the Lafayette Library; lafayetteco.gov.
- The Last Word Book Club will meet to discuss his January book, at 11:30 a.m. February 1, at the Lafayette Library; lafayetteco.gov.
- Thursday First Book Group will discuss “The Finest Hours: The True Story of the U.S. Coast Guard’s Most Daring Maritime Rescue,” by Mike Togias, at 2 p.m. Feb. 2, at the Longmont Library; longmontcolorado.gov.
- Prisida Magro will talk about and sign her new book, Let Me Call You Baby: The Candy of Affection, at 5:30 p.m. February 4, at the Boulder Book Store. registration required; boulderbookstore.net.
- Leslie Vedder will talk about and sign her new book, “The Severed Thread,” at 6:30 p.m. February 7, at the Boulder Book Store. registration required; boulderbookstore.net.
- Book Queeries will discuss “Others than Ever: New Lesbian Fiction Tales,” by Melanie Gilman, at 6:30 p.m. February 8, in Out Boulder County; boulderlibrary.org.
- Rachel King, Claire Boyles, and Wendy J. $5; boulderbookstore.net.
- James Rollins will talk about and sign his new book, Cradle of Ice, at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 10 at the Boulder Book Store; $5; boulderbookstore.net.
- Simon Van Boy will talk about and sign his new book, “The Presence of Absence,” at 6:30 p.m. on February 14, at the Boulder Book Store; $5; boulderbookstore.net.
- Tween Book Club will discuss “Mañanaland” by Pam Muñoz Ryan, at 3:30 p.m. on February 14, at Lyons Library; lyons.colibraries.org.
- The Science Fiction Writers Club will discuss “The Three-Body Problem” by Liu Sixin, at 6:30 pm on February 15, at Very Nice Brewing Co., Ltd. verynicebrewing.com.
- From our Bookshelf Club, he will be discussing “Lemons” by Kwon Yoo-sun, at 7 p.m. on February 15, at the Boulder Book Store; boulderbookstore.net.
Boulder Public Library: Main branch, 1001 Arapahoe Ave. ; Meadows Branch, 4800 Baseline Road; George Reynolds, 3595 Table Mesa Drive and NoBo Corner Library, 4600 Broadway; 303-441-3100; boulderlibrary.org.
Carnegie Branch Library of Local History: 1125 Pine Street, Boulder; open by appointment only; localhistory.boulderlibrary.org.
National Digital Library of Science: 3450 Mitchell Lane, Boulder; nsdl.oercommons.org.
Norlin Library: University of Colorado Boulder, 1720 Pleasant Street, Boulder; colorado.edu/libraries.
Lafayette Public Library: 775 W. Baseline Road, Lafayette; lafayetteco.gov/library.
Longmont Public Library: 409 Fourth Avenue, Longmont; longmontcolorado.gov/library.
Louisville Public Library: 951 Spruce Street, Louisville; louisville-library.org.
Lyons Community Library: 405 Main Street, Lyon; lyons.colibraries.org.
Nederland Community Library: 20 Lakeview Drive, The Netherlands; nederland.colibraries.org.
barbed wire books 504 Main Street, Longmont, barbedwirebooks.orgNew and used titles
Barnes and Noble: 2999 Pearl Street, Boulder, barnesandnoble.comnew addresses
Beat Book Shop: 1200 Pearl Street, Boulder, beatbookshop.comAnd used and old titles
Blue Owl Books: 176 CO-119, The Netherlands, facebook.com/BlueOwlBooksaddresses used
Bookworm: 3175 28th Street, Boulder boulderbookworm.comaddresses used
Boulder Book Store: 1107 Pearl Street, Boulder; boulderbookstore.netnew addresses
Inkberry Books: 7960 Niwot Road, Suite B-3, Niwot, inkberrybooks.com; New and used titles
Juniper Books: 1501 Lee Hill Drive, Boulder, juniperbooks.com; New titles compiled manually
Lighthouse Library: 1201 Pearl Street Mall, Boulder, lighthousebookstoreofboulder.com; metaphysical addresses
vintage little horse: 820 Main Street, Louisville, littlehorsev vintage.comRare and collectible books
Red Queen Bookstore and Cafe: 129 N. Harrison Ave., Lafayette, thereadqueen.comNew and used titles
Trident Booksellers and Café: 940 Pearl Street, Boulder, tridentcafe.comNew and used titles
Used book store: 346 Main Street, Longmont, usedbookemporium.netNew and used titles
Wandering jellyfish: 198 2nd Ave., Niwot, twjbookshop.comAnd young, old and new children
Interested local authors can submit new books to the Author Spotlight at bit.ly/BoulderCountyAuthors. Libraries can submit book events to email@example.com with “book event” in the subject line.